29 June 2011

Life on the Riviera - The weather

#1 If you think you won't get sunburnt in the water. You're wrong.
 Many people think that. "Oh I'm in the water, I don't need to put cream now, I can do it once I'm out". Big mistake. Unless you're diving (and not even for sure), you'll always be moving around, in and out of the water. And the sun will take pure pleasure in burning this little bit of shoulder that you left out. Ask my sister, why she looks like a tomato, you'll see...


#2 If you think it's better to walk barefoot. You're wrong.
In the morning, you put your heels, then you walk around town for a bit and start thinking "I'm fed up with these heels, I'm going too slowly with them, I should walk barefoot on the pavement". Don't! You will actually burn your feet and, believe me, you don't walk very fast with burnt feet.

#3 If you think you can rely on other to take the suncream (1). You're wrong.
To my sister as she's spreading cream on her arms :
-"Hey, can you take the suncream with you please? I'll just put it on at the beach"
-"Sure!"
10minutes later as we are lying on the sand.
-"Can you give me the suncream please?"
-"Crap I forgot it at home"
It didn't cross my mind to ask somebody for cream (idiot) so I got completely burned...Nice one sis! 

(1) For sun cream that doesn't destroy corals; protect you and the sea. check out Evoa's site.

No comments:

Post a Comment